Saturday 18 June 2011

Update

Full disclosure could be the name of this blog, but for now I'll leave it at what it is.

The initial idea of coming to California was met with little more than suspicion and doubt. After a while the idea flourished into a reality, then a plan and then a move. Why would I want to go became: how will I make this work?

So, basically I'm here to start a new branch of the very-trusting company for which I work. I'm indebted to create contacts, network and eventually begin selling to those who wouldn't have been reachable before. MATS works and sells to people in ministries, and the good thing going to LA is that there are a lot of people, and as a result, a lot of ministries; some have yet to be discovered.

I'm starting to create goals, because without goals and dreams we have little to shoot at and for. If I sit in this chair and go about my day as it hits me, I'll have no drive and therefore will progress very little, on a day-to-day basis.

Therefore, my goals will be as follows (101-traffic buzzing in my ear):

1. Establish myself within a given community, whether it be church, Young Life or some other organization with mission-based directives.
2. Establish a foothold into networks, and utilize the networks to my advantage, in effect, to allow all ministries in the greater-LA area to know about MATS.
3. Create an efficient system, leaving room to evolve as jobs and focuses will change.
4. Get back in shape.
5. Begin writing again, and don't let up.

Those sound quite broad, but worthy of consideration. The difference in my time here, is that it will all have to be self-infused and motivated solely by my inner-most, not someone else. Drive is often something I lack and though I know how to drive, and drive well, I'll need to pick up some 'drive' on my next trick down the 101.

Today, I'm not sure what to do, but my faults in the past have been that I'm not utilizing my time as I should, because I don't know where to start and/or what will bring me happiness in a given day. Which makes me think I need to add another goal:

6. Establish a checklist/goal sheet for each day, including a food menu to alleviate worry and/or unneeded stress.

I need to getting moving today, because it's already 1 p.m. and I've lots to do.

2 comments:

  1. i am glad your writing again, after all your gifted

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,out there i have a blog so now i can keep you up to date on my lastest projects.

    ReplyDelete